Fonseca – EVERYTHING I COULD FIND ABOUT FATHERS DAY! 06/21/20
By Fonseca on June 21, 2020
Father’s Day Trending …
– 15% of dads have told a white lie to their children ( Four Star Pizza)
– 15% of dads work late to avoid their children’s bedtime routine. (Better Bathrooms)
– 66% of dads want their partner to tell them they do a good job every now and then (The Today Show)
– 7% of dads say their partner never gets out of bed at night to check on their baby. (Owlett Baby Care)
– A survey by the TV show Good Food reveals that 33% of dads take on the sole responsibility of cooking for the family.
– 84% of people believe that dads should walk their daughters down the aisle (Harris)
– 20% of sons call their dads for advice on home maintenance jobs. (GEM Motoring Assist)
– 50% of dads regularly shout at other drivers (GEM Motoring Assist)
– Dads perform 10 jobs on a daily basis including: Day Care Center Teacher, CEO, Psychologist, Cook, Housekeeper, Laundry Machine Operator, Computer Operator, Facilities Manager, Janitor and Van Driver. (Salary.com)
Daddy’s Little Girl: A study by Poland’s University of Durham reveals that women are attracted to men, who look like their fathers. Dr. Lynda Boothroyd studied 49 women and found that those, who had good relationships with their father as youngsters sought out mates with similar physical attributes. She says, “It was not that the women who did not have such a good relationship with their father went out to avoid similar faces. It was more that those who had the best relationships were particularly drawn to men who looked like their dads.” Researchers showed the women two sets of pictures. One set featured men who looked like their fathers while the other featured men who looked nothing like their dads. Almost all of the women were attracted to the men who looked like their fathers.
Father Figure: 30% of fathers would turn down a job promotion if it meant spending more time with their family. The average amount of time a father and their child spend talking on a daily basis is less than 30 minutes. Their are an estimated 800,000 dads in jail with children under the age of 18.
Listen To Your Father
A survey by eBates reveals that 92% of dads do not want a gym membership for Father’s Day. Other findings:
– 36% of dads don’t want underwear or socks for Father’s Day
– 35% of dads don’t want a tie for Father’s Day
A Lil Effort Goes A Long Way
A survey by the do-it-yourself website B&Q reveals that 10% of dads feel let down by the lack of effort their children put into Father’s Day. Other findings:
– 60% of fathers secretly hope their children will make a big fuss on Father’s Day.
– 50% of dads are harder to buy a present for than moms
Mom Better Driver Than Dad
A survey by Rainbow’s End reveals that 61% of kids think their mom is a better driver than their dad. Other findings:
– 97% of kids say their mom is a more careful driver than their dad
– 60% of kids have witnessed their mother or father explode on another driver.
– 70% of kids say their parents honk when they get annoyed
ce Cream Survey
A survey by Baskin Robbins reveals that 66% of moms, compared to 58% of dads, give their children ice cream as a reward for doing something well. Other findings:
– 66% of parents use ice cream to motivate their kids to do something they don’t enjoy
– dads are 65% more likely than moms to use ice cream as an incentive to get their children to do chores
– 54% of parents have used ice cream to resolve a conflict.
– 72% of dads compared to 54% of moms eat ice cream on a weekly basis
– moms are five times more likely than dads to eat ice cream alone