Yes, it’s December and it’s cold outside right now. Yes, December 13th is still National Ice Cream Day!
There’s also a National Ice Cream day in July, which seems more logical, but nevertheless here we are in December, lovin’ on some ice cream.
The data science team at National Today surveyed 1,000 people about their ice cream preferences and came up with some interesting results:
- Women preferred Ben and Jerry’s, while men preferred Breyers
- Out of Ben and Jerry’s, Breyers, Baskin Robbins, Haagen Dazs, Nestle and store brands, Ben and Jerry’s and Breyers were the most popular picks
- Favorite ice cream flavors by age group:
- Ages 14-17: Mint Chocolate Chip
- Ages 18-24: Cookies N Cream
- Ages 25- 34: Cookie Dough
- Ages 35-44: Chocolate
- Ages 45+: Chocolate
- Most popular topping: Hot fudge had the highest score with caramel syrup being a close second
- 4 out of 5 Americans (80%) eat more sugar around the holidays and the same percentage also prefer ice cream over frozen yogurt
So what should you do now that you are a savvy ice cream aficionado? Go enjoy some ice cream tomorrow!