This what I found for you today!!! Please wear a mask when out!!!
– A new Gallup poll reveals that 82% of people are ‘very’ or ‘somewhat” confident they can fight off the coronavirus if they get it.
– A new coronavirus survey by Xerox reveals that 82% of workers are likely to return to their offices in the next 12 to 18 months.
– ESPN says the New York City marathon has been canceled because of the coronavirus. 53,640 people finished the race last year. This year’s race was scheduled for November 1st
– Fox News says Costco is suspending sales of its sheet cakes because of the coronavirus. They say demand for the cake has dropped because weddings, birthdays and graduations are being canceled due to the pandemic
– WWD says Gwyneth Paltrow has canceled her Goop Cruise because of the coronavirus. The 11-day cruise was going to take fans to Barcelona, France and the Italian Riviera. Goop is Gwyneth’s lifestyle brand
Coronavirus Numbers Rising: The World Health Organization says 9.3 million people have been infected with the coronavirus. That number is expected to reach 10 million next week. The organization says the numbers have not peaked. Large numbers of deaths may occur within the next month. Many hospitals and countries are having trouble obtaining oxygen concentrators which boost the flow of oxygen to covid-19 sufferers
Teen Invents Coronavirus Bracelet That Prevents Face Touching: The Good News Network says a 15 year-old British teen has invented a coronavirus bracelet that reminds people not to touch their face. Max Melia developed the bracelet after both of his parents contracted the coronavirus. The bracelet is going to retail for $112 and uses algorithms to distinguish between face touching and other hand motions. The wristband vibrates when a person is about to touch their face. Max raised $75,000 with a crowdfunding campaign to bring his waterproof bracelets to life.
Disneyland Delays Reopening: Variety magazine says Disneyland is delaying their reopening. They released a statement saying, “The State of California has now indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4. Given the time required for us to bring thousands of cast members back to work and restart our business, we have no choice but to delay the reopening of our theme parks and resort hotels until we receive approval from government officials. Once we have a clearer understanding of when guidelines will be released, we expect to be able to communicate a reopening date.”