Fonseca Coronavirus Trending
– NBC says nurses at Portland, Oregon hospitals are wearing swim goggles and swim masks as they treat coronavirus patients. Their medical facilities have run out of proper masks
– WWJ says local police departments are asking residents not to call 911 on people, who violate their state’s Stay Home Order due to the coronavirus
– WPLG says toilet paper sales have jumped by 213% because of the coronavirus.
– Uproxx magazine says fashion designers and fashion labels are producing hospital gowns and masks for coronavirus medical workers. Some of the houses have stopped producing designer clothing and started making medical wear for those on the frontlines of the pandemic.
– MarketWatch says some people are using dryer sheets as toilet paper because coronavirus panic buyers have emptied shelves of all of the TP
– The Washington Examiner says the Chula Vista, California police are using drones, equipped with cameras and loudspeakers, to make sure people quarantine inside their homes during the coronavirus outbreak.
– The Daily Star claims priests in Russia are dousing roads with holy water in an effort to fight off the coronavirus. Priests believe the water will stop the virus from spreading
– Yahoo News claims a man from Taiwan has been fined $33,000 for breaking the country’s quarantine rules. He was caught on the street trying to find a club to party at.
Coronavirus Trending .. Restaurants And Retail
– MarketWatch says 37 million American jobs could be lost due to the coronavirus
– Forbes Magazine says CVS and Dollar General are both hiring 50,000 workers because of the coronavirus. The extra workers are needed to meet customer demand during the pandemic
– Pizza Market Place says Papa John’s is hiring 20,000 workers because of the coronavirus. They are trying to keep up with customer demand as deliveries increase due to the pandemic
– Reddit says people are posting videos of Costco shoppers panic buying toilet paper. They are adding zombie sound effects to the videos while nicknaming the shoppers Toilet Paper Zombies.
– Business Insider says Costco is keeping their food sample servers employed during the coronavirus outbreak by having them clean stores after hours. They don rubber gloves and sanitize instead of handing out food samples
– Business Insider says Costco is giving employees an additional two dollars an hour because they are working during the coronavirus outbreak
– Footwear News says Jo-Ann Fabrics stores are giving away free pieces of fabric, elastic and other materials so customers can make face masks at home and then donate them to hospitals in need. The store has posted online tutorials on how to make a mask.
– Crain’s Chicago Business says a McDonald’s in Brazil separated its golden arches to stress social distancing due to the coronavirus
– Uproxx says Coors is giving $1 million to the United States Bartenders Guild to help bartenders, who have been financially crippled by the coronavirus.
– The Morning Call newspaper says the makers of marshmallow Peeps, Just Born Inc, has suspended production due to the coronavirus.
– The News Tribune says Spam is flying off store shelves as North Americans hoard more coronavirus supplies. A two-ounce serving has 16 grams of fat, 40 mg of cholesterol and 790 mg of sodium.
Coronavirus Trending .. Hollywood
– Ace Showbiz says Drew Carey has been tested for the coronavirus because he was high-fiving people during ”The Price is Right”. The show has been temporarily postponed due to the coronavirus.
@Fonsecashow make sure to follow me