30th Annual Black College Awareness Fair
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated, Rho Delta Omega Chapter, and its Ivy & Pearls Foundation is hosting its 30th annual FREE Black College Awareness (BCA) fair. Each year the BCA fair attracts over 40 schools and their representatives to recruit, advise and prepare Bay Area high school students.
Students and parents will have the opportunity to:
• Meet representatives from Historically Black Colleges and Universities
• Meet representatives from local community colleges, and 4-year colleges and universities
• Talk to recent graduates and current students about life on college campus (academics and studying, being a student athlete, campus engagement, etc.)
• Participate in “Career Table Talks” with professionals from the technical, science and business industries to understand how their college education assisted in their careers
• Obtain financial aid and scholarship information and assistance
• Automatically be entered in the opportunity to win an HBCU Tour Scholarship worth $1,500
This event is FREE and open to the public. Individual and group registration can be completed online at www.bcafair.org or onsite the day of the event.
For the past 30 years, the Rho Delta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. has sponsored the BCA Fair with the goal and objective of exposing Bay Area middle school and high school students, school faculty, mentors, counselors and parents to Historically Black Colleges and Universities as well as providing general information on the admissions and financial aid processes.