There’s just something about July that makes me happy! I know Summer kicks off on June 21st but for me, JULY is when summer starts. It’s time to have some fun!
1. Amazon Prime Day is coming up . . . and it’s two days now, on July 15th and 16th.
2. Some big movies hit theaters this month: “Spider-Man: Far From Home” opens tomorrow. The live-action “Lion King” comes out July 19th. And Quentin Tarantino’s new movie, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” opens July 26th.
3. The third season of “Stranger Things” hits Netflix this Thursday. And two other big shows come back on July 26th: “Veronica Mars”, and the final season of “Orange Is the New Black”. Also, July 21st is the 50th anniversary of Neil Armstrong’s moon-walk, so there are a bunch of specials. And “Shark Week” starts July 28th.
4. In sports: Wimbledon gets started today . . . the S. Women’s Soccer team takes on England in the World Cup semi-final tomorrow . . . MLB All-Star week kicks off next Monday . . . the 2019 ESPYs are July 10th . . . and British Open coverage starts July 14th.
5. And finally, the holidays: The big one is the Fourth of July this Thursday. But there are a few other holidays where you might be able to score free food:
MARK THESE DAYS ON YOUR CALENDAR!
Free Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven is July 11th . . .
National French Fry Day is July 13th . . .
National Hot Dog Day is July 17th
National Ice Cream Day is July 21st.